The ever-busy roads of Roseville are often prone to accidents, crashes, and mishaps. If you sustained injuries in a car wreck in the city, you should know that California is a fault state. This essentially means that the party liable for the accident is also accountable for your losses, including medical bills and other expenses. In this post, we are sharing the dos and don’ts to follow after a car wreck in Roseville.
- Call a car accident lawyer. Initiating an insurance claim or a civil lawsuit can be confusing. Consider calling the top lawyers of brianazemikalaw.com for a FREE assessment of your case. Experienced lawyers can help you file the claim and negotiate compensation based on facts.
- Get medical care. No matter whether you have suffered a catastrophic injury, burn marks, or superficial bruises, check with a doctor. If someone is seriously injured, don’t forget to call 911 from the accident spot.
- Inform the police. A copy of the police report is essential for your claim. Ensure that you call local law enforcement and cooperate with the investigating officer at the scene. Share what you remember but do not blame anyone.
- Take pictures. If your health permits, use your smartphone to take videos and photos at the scene. Also, don’t forget to take pictures of your injuries, road conditions, and the overall situation of the vehicles dstvportal.
- Don’t flee the scene. Even if you know that you are not responsible for the accident, do not flee the scene. Wait for the police to respond to the call.
- Don’t post anything on social media. Keep all details of the car crash with you for your lawyer. Do NOT post pictures on your Facebook trendingbird, Instagram, or other social handles.
- Don’t give a statement to the insurance company. Regardless of what the insurance company says, do not say anything or agree to sign a release. Let your lawyer deal with the claims adjuster.
- Don’t engage in arguments. When you know that the other party caused the accident, you may be tempted to exchange words. Keep communication limited to sharing information, such as contact details.
Finally, be honest with your accident lawyer. If you were also at fault, your attorney needs to know the facts so that they can work on your claim accordingly and take further steps to protect your rights. Hire a local attorney who is based in Roseville and has experience with auto accident claims.